Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Farewell to my Dad

 

IMG_9386

On September 30, 2013, my father Bob passed away. He had dementia.

He was the most wonderful person in the world. I will and have missed him so much. He raised me since I was 3 1/2 years old. He treated me like his very own daughter. He was the most amazing person to me. He never spoke unkind about anyone and I never heard a swear word out of his mouth my entire life. He had so many great qualities.

He taught me and my brother Chad how to snow ski, and took us skiing every Saturday. We quickly learned to love skiing and spending that time with him. If he was ever disappointed in us, we never knew it. He always acted so proud of us.

He loved his grandkids so much. He never missed one of my boys football games. He even bought skate shoes in the boys football team colors to show his team spirit. (he was so cute). He called my Aspen Scooby, and my Sam scoot. He loved being involved with everything the kids did.

He always made me laugh and smile till the day he passed away. I am so grateful that he held on till all his kids could get to him before he left us. I am so glad that I was able to thank him for coming into our lives when he did and become my father, for teaching me to be who I am, for loving me my whole life and never giving up on me, for being such a great example to me, but most importantly for loving me. I thanked him through many tears and a lump in my throat and heart. I didn't know if I would be able to get everything out that I wanted to say to him, I didn't know if he would understand what I said to him until I looked at the side of his cheek and seen a tear rolling down. In that vey moment I felt peace inside me and knew that he knew I was there and he heard everything I said. I know he loved me and I know that he felt the same way I did. I love him, and will miss him so much, my heart hurts so much sometimes, but I am so happy for him and glad that he is in a better place preparing another home for all of us that he left behind.

I am so thankful for what I know and how I believe. I will see my dad again one day!

I love you Dad!!

2013-09-28 14.26.45 DSC00921 2013-10-04 16.35.43

No comments: