Sunday, July 7, 2013

Summer Happenings……

 

It has been a while since we have posted anything on our blog. School got out and summer began for us May 22. It has been a fun summer so far with lots of activities and friends to hang out with.

Some of the things we have done this summer is…..

We started to build another home here in St. George, just about a half a mile up the road from us. We will be in the same ward, until we split again of course because of the growth here, Same schools, just a little more space!!!! We are hoping to move in around the end of September.

We have been side X siding, riding wave runners in Sand Hollow, which we ended up with the terrible swimmers itch last time!!!! (terrible itchy rash) We have been cliff jumping at Sand Hollow, camping up to duck creek, horseback riding for Lanse and the little ladies, Youth conference, hanging out with friends, movies, swim days, and everyday living.

They put me in Young Women’s just a month a ago. I am totally loving it. I got to go to Girls camp a couple weeks ago, First time since I was a young women. I forgot how much fun it was. I also forgot how late you stayed up and how early you get up and how active you are all day. I really feel old. What an experience though. It was so fun to be with my girls and watch how they have grown. The youth here is incredible, I cant believe it. We had so many special experiences at camp that made me realize how much I love the gospel and how important it is to me. I know I was given this calling at the right time of my life. When I needed it the most!!!!!

We had the 4th of July just the other day, and it was so hot here. We had a few neighbors over for dinner and swimming and fireworks. We had lots of fun, but we had to cool down the pool, so we bought 46 blocks of ice and dropped in the pool to cool it. It worked a little, but not much you can do when it is 115 degrees outside!!!!

Next up this summer, Aspen, Alexis and Alyssa are heading up north to stay with our family friends the Nelson’s. My kids and theirs are going to EFY for the week. It should be a great experience for them. Everyone I talk to say how much their kids love EFY. So they will go up the week of the 24th of July and Lanse and I and the 3 little kids will head up the end of the week and pick up the older kids and go visit Grandpa and Grandma Storey and Grandma and Grandpa Chournos. We look so forward to seeing them. It feels like it has been so long since we have seen everyone. Can’t wait!!!!!!!

When we return, football for Sam and Burk will begin every night. They were not going to play this year, but as it got closer to start time, they couldnt  help them selves. Sam loves it so much, he cant stay away!!!!! It’s ok, we LOVE football!!!!

Below we have added a few of our summer snap shots, enjoy!!!!! We hope everyone is having just as much fun this summer as we are!!!!

photo (18)photo (17)photo (14)photo (19)

photo (21)photo (20)

photo (4)DSC00310 DSC00312  DSC00376 DSC00453DSC00575 DSC00547 DSC00493  DSC01118 DSC01130 DSC01149    photo photo (1) photo photo

photo (2)

No comments: