Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Our visit up north….


DSC00765

A couple of weeks ago Aspen, Alexis and Alyssa went up north and stayed with our friends the Nelson’s, so that they could go to EFY with their friends(the nelson kids).
They went Monday thru Friday from 9am till 9pm. They had the time of their lives. They all said that it was the best experience they have ever had. They cannot wait to do it again next year.
The Nelson family is so wonderful and so kind to take in my children and treat them like their own. They are like our extended family. We all love and miss them so much. Our kids cannot get enough of each other. They hated to say goodbye when the time came.
Lanse and I and our other 3 kids went up north to pick them up and to spend so time with our families.
It was interesting to go back up north since we have moved. Things seemed so different to me. The scenery obiviously is totally different to what I am now use to and I thought seeing my old house again would make me sad, and in some ways it did, but in others it was nice to see that the people who bought it have taken good care of the yard and there was lots of cars and lights on inside the house so you could tell that many more memories with a new family was happening. I did really want to go inside one more time and look around, but I knew that couldn’t happen!
As we were driving around going from place to place, I couldn’t help but wonder how all my friends were doing and where they were….. were they out running the roads and paths we always ran, or shopping where we always shopped and ran into each other. All my friends are still in my heart and thoughts always. I love them and miss them!
We went up to Mom and Dad’s (Grandma and Grandpa Storey) on Saturday, and had a BBQ with lots of family. It was sooooooo good to see everyone!!!! I got to see my cousin Brant and Ashley and their beautiful children Beau and Lanie, love this little family more than words can say my uncle Gary and Aunt Laurie were there. They have always been a huge part of my life. My Grandpa and Grandma Christensen who I love so much and mean the world to me and of course mom and dad. To see my parents was everything to me. I miss then so much everyday. I see how much work mom does everyday just taking care of dad and how tired she is but how she just makes everyday work. I really admire her and am so amazed by her. I love this lady she is my best friend  wish she lived in St. George by us. To see my Dad and how hard some things are for him but how excited he was to see us all. It really pulls at my heartstrings to see him like this. I love him, he is an amazing man and has always been a key instrument in my life.
The kids spent the night there and wore out Grandma even more, but they loved to be at her house again and to be with them once again.
The good-byes the next morning were very hard and sad. They always are, I can never be prepared for the good-bye part with my parents. It kills me every time. I am so thankful though for the short time I was able to spend with them and some of my relatives. It means a lot to me that they all came!
Sunday morning we headed over to Grandpa and Grandma Chournos’ house, Lanses parents. We had a ball over there. The kids got to see all their cousins and they all acted like they have never been apart. They all picked right back up where they left off. It is so fun to see them all interact with each other.
Lanse’s sister’s Monica and Amber and their families were there, his brother’s Ben and Monte were there, and of course his parents. It was so good to see them and visit  with them and catch up on everything that we have been missing.
All of the cousins have gotten taller, boys voices deeper, girls prettier, just so much fun. It makes me miss them all.
Allen and Cheri were so kind to make a wonderful Sunday dinner for us all and put up with all the mess, noise and craziness. They are such wonderful people, I have a true love for them and I am so thankful for the both of them.
The kids spent the night there that night, and Monday morning we went and picked them up and off we headed for home. Another sad good-bye, but the time had to come. We are hoping to see them all in October if they can all make it to St. George then.
Now we are home, and trying to get back to normal, football for the two little boys just started, so we are busy with that each night, but we love football season!!!!!!
To all our friends and family who we got to see while we were there and the ones we didn’t, we love and miss you, till next time!!!!!!!!!!
DSC00743 DSC00745 DSC00749 DSC00750 DSC00753 DSC00755 DSC00756 DSC00767 DSC00769 DSC00770 DSC00773 DSC00775 DSC00776 DSC00779 DSC00783 DSC00784

No comments: