Sunday, April 13, 2014

Aspen's Sandhollow Worc race


Aspen was in the UTV Worc race at Sandhollow on Saturday. He was in the production 1000 class and he ended up taking 6th out of 26 cars. He did great!!! I think he is pretty darn excited.
He got lined up and off he went when the flag waved. I have to say that as a mother I was extremely nervous, I mean after all he is only 17 years old and as a teenager, I think he has lost a few a his brain cell's. (I am anxious for they day the cell's come back!!) He got crowded out shooting the hole, but tore it up on his first lap, and realized that he would not finish the race if he continued to run his race this way, so he found his grove after the first lap, and slowly just picked the racers off. There were a couple of times that his machine was on two wheels as he came around some bends, which is probably a good thing I didn't see this, I might not have let him race ever again. As much as this sport makes me nervous, I do have to say that I love the smile that it puts on my son's face as he does his rides. As the race came to an end, we all were at the finish line to cheer him on, and his dad was anxious to see how much more damage was done to his car. I say this because Friday Aspen reran the course, and he had some major damage to the car. Like $3000.00 worth of damage. Lanse was not very happy about this, and was all prepared to have to get his straps out and do a recovery tow on Saturday. He didn't think Aspen would finish the race after he seen Fridays event. But Aspen did finish and we are very proud of him!!!! He did great!!!! He already can't wait to do another race!!










No comments: