Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Christmas 2013





What a beautiful, fun, and happy Christmas we had at the Chournos residence this year.
We did dance recitals, christmas choir concerts, school class parties, birthday parties and lots of shopping. The holidays arrived so quickly, and they passed just as fast.
We had a beautiful Christmas. The kids got up extra early as usual, ripped everything apart in no time. Then we began preparing for our company to arrive for the week.
Christmas night we had my mom, my brother Chad and his cute family from Virginia come in town and stay with us for the week. We enjoyed all being together as a family and enjoying the holidays together. We cooked and ate and cooked and ate even more!!!!! I think I gained 20 pounds!!!! The kids played games and played basketball over and over and over. They hot tubbed it only once I think. must have been to cold out for them at night, but that is when I think its the funnest. We decorated Gingerbread men, went to the movies, sent one cousin to the emergency room from too much sugar and not enough good things to eat!!(she is alright thank goodness)
It was so wonderful to see my family!!! I miss them so much!!! I am so thankful for them.
As the new year approached, I looked back throughout the past year and remembered all that has taken place in my life. A crazy and emotional football season, building a house, loosing my father, moving into our new house, all the many visitors we had come and stay with us, high's and low's of family life, but through all these many wonderful, exciting, sad and emotional adventures, I am so blessed. I have so much that I am thankful for, and feel like the luckiest person in the world. I am so thankful for my health, the health of my family, my darling children who can make me laugh and cry in 5 minutes, my handsome husband who does everything for me and his main goal in life is just to make me and the kids happy. He truly is a wonderful man. My many friends who have always been there for me, my mom who is a one of a kind and will do anything in the world for me, she is my greatest friend!!! and my loving stepdad who I lost in September…… not a day goes by that I don't think of him. I miss him with everything I have but know without a doubt that he watches everything I do, and believe it or not, I know when he is laughing at me or thinking…. "really Kim, that was stupid!!" The feeling of him in my life is a blessing to me, and  I need that everyday!!!!
I hope that 2014 is as happy as 2013 was.















No comments: